Milk Tea Macarons
These little French cookies are absolute beauties! Perfect for a sophisticated afternoon snack or as a gift for a special someone. Our Milk Tea Powders will give the macarons a pastel shade without the need to add extra food colouring. Why not divide the batter/fillings and make a variety of macarons. All our milk tea flavours work great but we especially recommend Strawberry, Mango, Taro and Thai.
For the Shell:
- Sieve the ground almond powder, powdered sugar and Milk Tea Powder into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the granulated sugar and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Add the powdered mixture to the meringue a third at a time. Fold the mixture until it falls in a thick ribbon from the spatula.
- Preheat the oven to 300F/150C.
- Transfer the macaron batter to a piping bag with a large round nozzle.
- Pipe the macarons onto baking paper in 3cm circles.
- Tap the baking sheet on a flat surface a few times to release any air bubbles and leave them to rest for 30 mins until the macarons have developed a skin.
- Bake the macarons for 15 mins.
- Once baked, transfer the macarons to a wire rack immediately to cool.
For the Filling:
- In a large bowl, add butter and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Mix the Milk Tea Powder with 15ml of boiling water until fully dissolved.
- Add the milk tea powder mixture, heavy cream to the butter and whisk until thickened and ready to pipe.
- Transfer the filling to a piping bag with a round nozzle and pipe on half the macaron shells.
- Sandwich the shells and they are now ready!
Note: You can use food colouring to enhance the macaron colours if preferred. Add 2 drops od food colouring to the macaron batter before piping.